Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

Parivartan visit to sangariya village


I am Parivartan. My family went to Sangariya. I saw the homeless, i saw the weak, i saw the malnourished, i saw the torn, worn, forlorn faces, i saw them plead, i saw pity, i saw pain, and i saw myself looking into them, asking them who, why and how? I am Parivartan, i had come to change, but they changed me. I had come to give them hope, but their gaze pierced me, tore me apart, left me with unanswered questions, left me alone in the dark. Gloom. Sadness. Plight. But then, they held me, my family of 52, my family who pulled me out of the dark, their blood gushing with pride, the confidence that they would change, and i am not alone. They laughed, they spread joy. They gave away hope, to those eyes, to me. They danced, they sang, they ran, they loved, and were loved back. And i kept looking at them, from a distance, and i know, i believe, they would change. These eyes, the determination and passion that they have, they would change. And they would keep my fire burning, keep me alive, in them, and in everyone they would touch. They are Parivartan. I am Parivartan. And i feel alive. Love. Peace. Empathy.                                        


                                  Written by - Vivek Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment